[Void-news] Void News & Discourse May 2017

splithorizon at voidtacticalmedia.org splithorizon at voidtacticalmedia.org
Thu May 25 15:06:35 PDT 2017

	What are the limits of that post-industrial self definition, when it
loops back around what you have is seeds and leaves, less tough
stories to that decay and decline.  Both dynamics are world pieces,
keeping honest might let you think on the future, talk on the past, or
perhaps approach what a moment could be.

	Latest development on METRIA’s recent vinyl has a few reviews
forthcoming.  Thanks to those who provided openings, and if there are
others please do direct us.  Also Metria will be TOURING the West
Coast in July!  Oakland will be July 21st or 20th, care of ESOMORPHIC
PRODUCTIONS, and we build out the rest of the tour around that, which
should include LA, Olympia, Eugene, Portland, with some shows
alongside Hypermapper (once Split Horizon).  Very excited to have
Dave out from Detroit, and cross pollinate back to that root.

	We also recently unearthed what appear to be the LAST of the x24
TSHIRTS, just 4 of them left now.  Reactivate your crystal memory and
capture a piece two events in synthesis: ecology spirit in
technology.  OK, it was still just a rough draft, but it was really,
really good.
[https://voidtacticalmedia.bandcamp.com/merch/x24-t-shirt [1]]

	Looking outward, recently came across SUBSIST records with some
obvious alignments, it’s encouraging.  A range of techno is not
always our practice, but stance is as much as form.
[https://subsist.bandcamp.com/ [2]]

	In nodes and totalities, solid exhibit this Spring at Alley Culture
now archived, Eric Fogle really working painting crafted surrealism
[http://72.29.73.163/~vox/ac/S17/fogleS17.html [3]]

And echos from lost friends, Katabatik posts Joey Casio’s set as
Obsidian Blade from their Kampout 2016.
[https://soundcloud.com/katabatik/obsidian-blade-live-at-the-katabatik-kampout-2016
[4]]  A great message speaks in this sound, and I am listening.

	We have here in this Bay Area a corridor of oil refineries, and a
community of indigenous and concerned that approaches them with the
softer hand of healing, in that tradition known as walking.
[http://www.refineryhealingwalks.com/ [5]].   Really taking a look at
this landscape, to learn what happened in a place.  Heads up Detroit,
what about that Zug Island, go and really try to see it, I do wonder
why it really needs to be part of me.

	Tell us where you are in the world.

	Split Horizon

Links: