[Void-news] Void News July 2014

Split Horizon void at fromthegut.org
Tue Jul 29 18:26:18 PDT 2014

Greetings friends and allies!  Void Tactical has been sleeping this year.  After 7 years of pushing hard, it can be time for rest and recentering, but the story is long way from its finale.   In the coming months we will be rereleasing some of our projects in more tuned forms, and pushing through released we visioned but have yet to come into the light, as we prepare for a next phase of Void Tactical.  Today we are so pleased to announce the dual release of Void Tactical 003 - WMX/Bombardier and re-issue of void0012 - Redrot 7".

+ Void Tactical 003 - WMX / BOMBARDIER

Splitting midwest industrial breakcore legend Bombardier against LA's scene crushing WMX, this much anticipated release features hand screened, black matte record jackets designed by Key and 4 tracks of aggressive industrial broken bass.  Find WMX on the X side getting technical with noise against trap inspired percussion presented with political context substituted for producer ego.  On the Y side, Bombardier takes us to the root of industrial techno with a full spectrum immersion of beats, noise, and bass.  We couldn't be more excited to welcome these two artists to vinyl on Void Tactical.     Available in digital or physical form from bandcamp: http://voidtacticalmedia.bandcamp.com/album/void-tactical-media-003-wmx-bombardier

+ void012 - Redrot - reissue

void012 has been our most difficult release to bring into being, with a first pressing/fabrication experiencing an outrageously long list of problems. finally, as promised, this seemingly cursed release is out of the shadows. We are completely reissuing this release, with an excellent cut, perfect pressing, and artwork fabrication as originally intended. Redrot is one of the most talented and under-recognized artists I know, and this early release of his industrial bass foray captures a moment ( circa late 2010 ) when he started to bridge his bass playing grindcore history and deep roots in Michigan Noise with a dancefloor sensibility. If you got one of these the first time around, Void Tactical will mail you this one for free as a replacement since the playback and fab is not immaculate on the original release ( send us an email with a photo of the record as proof of purchase ). If you missed this one entirely the first time around, nows the time to grab yours! Hand screened jackets with blue rivets, with layout and original font design by Key!  Check: http://voidtacticalmedia.bandcamp.com/album/freedom-twitch-repress

Solid.
Split Horizon