[Void-news] Void Tactical Update for Nov 2013

void at fromthegut.org void at fromthegut.org
Sat Nov 9 09:37:40 PST 2013

Void Tactical Update for Nov 2013. Siskyou Operation.

+ Cry of the Peacocks - Teeth and Tail - FS013 - Released!

Extracted from material recorded live at Katabatik Campout 2012 deep in
the heart of the Stanilaus National Forest. Teeth and Tail marks Cry of
the Peacocks first official release, a window into several years of live
collaboration between experimental noise artist Key and Void Tactical
label head Split Horizon. Since emerging from a snowstorm in Detroit on
winter solstice 2008, Cry of the Peacocks has explored spaces from
ecosystem soundscapes to industrial bass. On Teeth & Tail we find them
communing with that most raw and vehement creature: the possum.

Album artwork by Key, mastered by Selector Catalogue.

2 track EP. + Bonus track (full mix of Tail)

Listen:
https://soundcloud.com/voidtacticalmedia/sets/fs013-cry-of-the-peacocks
Full quality downloads http://voidtacticalmedia.bandcamp.com/

+ Split Horizon in Datacide #13

This time Split Horizon contributes a thought-provoking piece “What is
this Future?” about the present possibilities for action that deal head on
with the dystopic developments of new technology, social and environmental
transformation.

Want a copy of D#13?  Check our merch page:
http://voidtacticalmedia.bandcamp.com/merch

+ Datacide #13 Conference (party + talks) in Los Angeles Nov 15th, 17th

http://history-is-made-at-night.blogspot.com/2013/10/datacide-los-angeles-launch-party-and.html

Party feat. Key and Split Horizon, along with Darkmatter Crew! Nov 15th

Talks Nov 17th

- Lauren (DJ Nemeton) - Raves and Riots: Networked Counter-Cultural
Strategies - An Introduction to Datacide
- Sean Nye - Sonic Fiction: The Musical Case of Philip K. Dick's "Martian
Time Slip"
- Split Horizon - Salt Marsh to State: (un)Divided Space

"Maps are synonymous with how we see the world, both in mentally and in
media.  Cartography attempts to organize the infinite information of our
physical existence, creating areas and structures that we can contemplate
and discuss.  This practice defines space, and as a consquence divides
space with tremendous consequences politically, commercially, and
ecologically.  This talk will contrast several different ways we have
ordered our apprehension of geography.  A main point will be that these
processes of map creation are always subjective and encode specific
motivations and outcomes, particularly in the disconnect between virtual
ownership boundaries and ecological structures.  The talk with conclude
with several suggestions for engagement in this contested media as well as
action beyond mediation."