[Void-news] June 2010

Matthew Shultz void at fromthegut.org
Mon Jun 7 21:49:49 PDT 2010

Void Tactical Media - June 2010

Summer is upon us, moving steadily towards our next wave of events and releases.  Enjoy this quick update on events quickly unfolding.

In this newsletter
	- Saturation: From the Gut in NYC June 18th
	- Split Horizon at Katabatik/Spaz party Oakland, CA (SFBAY)
	- Update on RedRot 7"

+ SATURATION

One night ONLY: transformed space, art, sculpture, and sound.  Detroit based creative collective From the Gut presents 'Saturation', a Full Scale Transformed Space in Greenpointe, Brooklyn.  Bridging sculpture, flatwork, technology and situational ambience, 'Saturation' celebrates the Summer Solstice through the theme of Energy Collectors.  Bringing concepts of transformed space worked heavily in Detroit for nearly a decade, From the Gut now debuts in New York City.  Existing somewhere between formal and renegade space, this free event brings together Detroit artists Dave Cole, Gwen McKay, Paul Biundo and Mike Reid with New York City designer Thiago deMello Bueno and From the Gut founders Heather Campbell and Matthew Shultz, now both currently residing in the San Francisco Bay.

Statement:
Creating metaphorical Energy Collectors at the onset of the year's warmest months, 'Saturation' links the Summer Solstice with a celebration of our region's peak energy absorption season.  We exalt, and incorporate, energy gathering structures in a full scale transformed space of sculpture, art, DIY technology, sound, and ideas.

Address:
Eaton Trading
238 Franklin St. F121
Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NY 11222

more info: http://www.fromthegut.org/saturation

+ Split Horizon at 'Mutant Reform School' Oakland, CA

Debuting in the bay after his relocation, Split Horizon will appear on the Katabatik Soundsystem at this all night underground dance party.  After changing up my life and settling into a new geography, I've got a slew of new material to play out at this show.  Further details and full lineup follow.

all night--all ages---multiple rooms---space transformation---extreme bass therapy

this educational facility staffed by:

SPAZ SOUNDSYSTEM:
TH' MOLE (SPAZ, Daly City Records)
PRESHISH MOMENTS (Daly City Records)
TARZAN (Dirty Beats, California Dubstep Republic)
B1 vs SPUKKIN FACESHIP (SPAZ, Army of Love)
666GANGSTAZ (5lowershop, SPAZ)
AMANDROID (Army of Love, SPAZ)
MC SUBZERO PERMAFROST (SPAZ, INB)
D-SYN (SPAZ)
MARIN (Otherworld)
CAMILL-A-TRON (SPAZ)

KATABATIK SOUNDSYSTEM:
Grizelda Blanco (Katabatik)
Bloody Snowman (Daly City Records)
Fluorescent Grey (Record Label Records)
Djynnx (Katabatik)
Nezzy Idy (Katabatik, Exit)
I.I. (Katabatik)
R.M.S. (Katabatik)
Dimentia (Katabatik)
Pink.Noise (Katabatik)
Split Horizon (Void Tactical Media)
Beulah Baker (Granny Zebra)

"SPECIAL" GUESTS:
miss gawker (SPAZ)
heartworm (5lowershop)
shellfiche (triple Goddess)
one-il (SPAZ)
white rabbit (SPAZ)

it will be at undisclosed west oakland underground location; the location will not be revealed. shuttle bus attendence is mandatory.  "special" bus from a BART station which will shuttle your badass to the party. check back here or at the webpages below for more info closer to the date of the party.

http://www.spaz.org/
http://www.katabatik.org/

Don't be tardy!
More Details to be announced.

$10-20 sliding scale
All proceeds will help SPAZ and Katabatik fund setting up at the free ten-day festival in the woods: the Autonomous Mutant Festival.
http://www.mutantfest.org/

+ Update on RedRot 7"

Due to an apparently pretty serious (11 month) nickel miner's strike in Canada, plating costs for vinyl have shot up.  We'd love to see the Brazilian corporation cave, so we won't pay the increased price and instead are opting for the more risky single step plating process (which uses far less nickel).  Fingers crossed on this one!  If all goes well you can expect the 7" at the end of June.

All the best from Void Tactical for June, check back often for archival material from these events and future updates!