[Void-news] Void Tactical Media: February '09

Matthew Shultz void at fromthegut.org
Mon Feb 8 16:46:03 PST 2010

Void Tactical Media - February Newsletter

Greetings from a deep Michigan winter. . . .

In This Newsletter
 - March 27th: Void Tactical Media - DEEP CORE - Dance Party
 - From the Gut Archive is up
 - Announcing the Void Online Store

+ March 27th: Void Tactical Media presents DEEP CORE

On March 27th we invite all our allies and supporters to come out for what promises to be a special night.  Celebrating the culmination of 7 years of hard work between From the Gut and Void Tactical Media, we present a Full Scale Transformed Space event confirming our commitment to alternative formations, critical engagement with technology, and a better way of life.  The lineup is a cultivated pick of some of our most supportive contributors in the past year, and of course a preview of things to come.  This event features Dimentia (SF Bay), Split Horizon, Realicide (Cincinnatti), Vasculator (Pittsburgh), Evolve (Cincinatti), Fluxion, and Cry of the Peacocks.  Location is the Trumbellplex, our long time allies.  This event will be BYOB with a recommended donation of $5-7, with no one turned away for lack of funds. The date is March 27th. Come dance with us.  Check http://void.fromthegut.org/deepcore/ frequently as more details unfold.

+ From the Gut Archive is UP!

After many long hours, we have assembled an archive of a great deal of our work from the past 7 years in Detroit, and we are very pleased to share some text and images recalling the variety of transformed spaces, experimental events, art shows, and gatherings that make up From the Gut's distinctive history.  For our first stab at this sharing, we have assembled a 'Projects Portfolio' from some of our best events.  The URL is http://www.fromthegut.org/content/projects/   Over the next year we will be adding to this archive, including an area for all music shows that occurred at the From the Gut space, more examples of our collective art projects, and a better overall site layout aimed at highlighting our various resources and capabilities.  For those that may be new to this list, it may be necessary to explain that From the Gut is parent collective of Void and many other projects.  Please do explore.  And to those who have offered their support, energy, and time for these various projects we cannot thank you enough and are deeply grateful for all the friends and connections our collective efforts have afforded us.  Please check in and keep up!

FTG Archive: http://www.fromthegutorg/content/projects/

+ Announcing the Void Online Store

We've been working on figuring this all out for some time, and ran into a few snags.  However we are now finally pleased to announce that Void releases, and a few select distributed releases, are now more easily ordered through our online shop at http://voidstore.fromthegut.org - quite a bit more organized and browsable as more items get added.  Recent distributed additions include Darkmatter 003 - Poxxe and the most recent Sub/Version.  In terms of Void Releases we are quickly depleting our stock of VOID011 - Realicide - The Choice is Yours, so pick a copy up quickly before they are gone.