[Void-news] Void Tactical: December '09

Matthew Shultz void at fromthegut.org
Fri Dec 18 20:01:11 PST 2009

Void Tactical Media - December News Mailing

. This newsletter marks the beginning of what will hopefully be a semi-regular update on Void Tactical Media activities.  We've decided to revive the void-news email list to keep in touch friend far and wide.  In general this mailing will be kept brief - just enough to keep you abreast of the salient points in our explorations and adventures, as an invitation to participation rather than as a support to consumer spectacle.

+=========== VOID011 - Realicide 12" E.P. - The Choice is yours is out.
. In case you haven't already been made aware, this collaborative project between VOID and Realicide has hit and, with only 300 copies in this run, they are going fast.  On this E.P. VOID asked if gabber punk outfit Realicide could consider reworking some tracks into longer, more dj-playable formats.  While initially skeptical, the band took this idea under advisement and turned out a great 4 track record which is both great at home and on a soundsystem.  It's available directly from VOID at http://void.fromthegut.org (where you can also find more information), as well from Realicide Youth and Killercore in America, and Praxis as the main distributor in Europe.  Press release is also available, and interested digital dj's out there should also get in touch.

+=========== Split Horizon Tour Report
. This Autumn featured both West and East coast tours for Split Horizon, quite a bit of traveling but well worth it to continue pushing music and ideas.  Highlights on the West Coast included dates with Dimentia of Oakland, CA (who's music we'll be releasing on vinyl before long) including an excellent night at Hall of the Woods in Olympia, CA.  Split Horizon also jumped on a show a 5lowershop to meet up with In the Age of Terminal Static on his 'Power No Power' tour - it was a real pleasure to see Nym again after and we're definitely looking forward to seeing some of his work and message on VOID very soon.
. The East Coast tour with Realicide helped get word out about their recent release on VOID, with shows in Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan.  We had a great time as always with the RYR crew playing a varied tour ranging from Punk to Noise to Electronic oriented shows.  The tour reminded us that despite the richness to be found on either national coast, some of the greatest projects going on are right here in the Midwest, not to far from home.  Real highlights included The Black Cherry in Toledo, Skylab (with Sword Heaven) in Columbus, and last but very far from least: Jeddo Michigan...

+=========== RYR CIDE054 - Split Horizon - Thunder in the Ground - SOLD OUT : Re-Editioning
. We've sold out of all copies of this release, and Realicide Youth has made the decision to run a second edition.  If you missed it the first time, this CD contains a live studio recording of Split Horizon's 2008 set along with a couple of essays and an interview all detailing the politics and ideas of Void Tactical Media.  We're excited to see the second edition with an improved layout on the insert and a new color for the album artwork!

+========== Solstice Soundsystem Bonfire
. If you know the coordinates we'll see you there this sunday - if not get in touch.  Every year it's important and well that we celebrate our successes and prepare for the next round of challenges and forward exploration.

+==========  Upcoming / Rumors  !!!!!!!
. Little Mack on Void, Vasculator on Void Tactical, Metal Babble in the works, and the eminent unveiling of a complete and honed From the Gut archive.   Also keep eyes open for the FTG 2009 Roundup!